Sunday, November 27, 2011

Muriel: The Blog Begins

Today is the birthday of my blog about photography and how photography has changed my life.  It took many years to say the word artist and art photographer out loud.  When people asked me what I did, I would say teacher instead of artist.

I hope that the creation of my blog will allow me to expand my vision still more by seeking and seeing images in new and challenging ways. Living, growing and expressing myself as an artist  is a passion which I want to share. Writing a few sentences about my  pictures draws people closer and they  learn more about what the artistic part of me was trying to say.   

The available light from the window was all I needed on a cold day in winter to start my egg project. I soon was in an artistic zone not really seeing anything else in the room. I had white eggs, brown eggs, brown and white eggs, eggs in a nest, eggs in a Zen garden with beautiful black round stones, a cracked egg shell with a whole strawberry resting in the shell. I saw how the light produced additional shapes within the shadows themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Muriel,
    Congratulations on the new blog. I like it. My favs are the eggs and the balconies. I look forward to more.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete